Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stop #8: Italian in a Wrap


I was super excited to see that Kitchenette was open.  This sweet little truck has been closed for ages - in fact, I am not sure that I remember seeing it open until last week when I went to Snow White Crepes next door.

The menu is pretty extensive - pasta dishes, sandwhiches, wraps.  While I was deciding, a gentleman was waiting for his spaghetti and meatballs.  He asked me if I had eaten at this cart before and when I told him no, he said he had been going through withdrawl for the two months that she had been closed and was jonesing for her amazing food.

After dishing out his heaping portion and sending him on his way, the lovely owner, who is part Italian and part Turkish, took my order for an Italian chicken wrap.  She cooked me up some chicken, wrapped it in a warmed tortilla with some lettuce and cabbage, all drizzeled with ranch sauce and a hit of sriracha.



The wrap was delicious - and ginormous!  I actually ate it in two shifts over the course of the afternoon, which is EXTREMELY rare for me.  The vegetables were fresh, the chicken flavorful and tender and the sriracha added the perfect little kick.

If you are passing and see this cart open, hit it up.  While the owner was preparing my wrap, I asked about her being closed for the last two months.  Sadly, she was suffering from heart disease and had to take some time off to rest and hopefully recover.  She anticipated being open somewhat sporadically in the next few months.  

Kitchenette:
Chicken Wrap - $6 (+tip)
-Cash Only

No comments:

Post a Comment