Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stop #7: Snow White Crepes

Crepes - I love me some crepes!  Anything that, with the appropriate ingredients can be made into an entree OR a dessert has a versatility that I greatly admire.  Also, when I lived in Paris and wasn't eating baguettes, a crepe cooked up fresh by one of those carts on the street. with a little lemon and sugar, would hit the spot (hey, I was broke and I have a wicked sweet tooth.)

But I digress....Snow White Crepes! should have been my stop last week, but alas the truck was still closed for the holidays.  But not this week.

I have no idea why this place is called Snow White Crepes.  But apparently this truck has been aroung for ages.  And the woman who runs it also runs a restaurant.  I am tired just thinking about it.  So I suppose it is no suprise that it took her awhile to notice I was standing there waiting to order.

After looking through an EXTENSIVE menu of both sweet and savory crepes, as well as a list of sandwhiches (although who are we kidding?  A sandwhich was never going to happen....) I had settled upon a crepe with chicken, pesto, gorgonzola and cilantro.

Everything is made to order, so it took a few minutes for the crepe to be prepared.  Unfortunately, by the time I got back to the office, the crepe had cooled down enough to become a bit soggy.  And the gorgonzola sort of overwhelmed everything else.  But the flavor of the crepe was quite good.

Not a huge win, but where there is chicken and pesto I can usually walk away smiling.


Snow White Crepes
Chicken and Pesto Savory Crepe: $8 + tip
-Cash Only

No comments:

Post a Comment